This publications contain the study of yoga postures published in the original Belgian Viniyoga magazine. These postures are organized by categories:
Lying down postures
This volume includes the study of some lying down postures as well as several sequences to illustrate their use.
Here you can find:
- Jathara parivritti + 3 sequences with different applications of jathara parivritti, which give these sequences increasing intensity.
- Ûrdhva prasrita pâdâsana + 1 sequence with a short and simple static application of the classical posture and a gradual progression in the duration of the static phase.
- Dvipâda pîtham or the Two Legged Table Pose + 1 sequence. It is a simple, short series of poses and some guidelines on how to intensify it slightly, after a week of practice.
- Bhujangâsana or the Cobra Pose + 1 sequence with Bhujangâsana and the Two Legged Table Pose
- Shalabhâsana, or the Locust Pose + 3 sequences. Here, the same posture is used in different contexts and with different goals.
- Dhanurâsana and ardha dhanurâsana + 2 sequences, which were designed with these two concepts in mind. They have different contexts and objectives. In the first one, there is an exercise with the Half Bow Pose, combined with the Half Locust Pose and a table showing a progression for this exercise (vinyâsa-krama). In sequence 2, we have the complete Bow Pose as the central exercise. There is a vinyâsa-krama for the static and dynamic phases.
Postures on the knees, hands and knees, and hands and feet
Standing postures with the feet apart
These 70 pages include the study of: pârshva-uttânâsana, vîrabhadrâsana, utthita trikonâsana (parivritti and pârshva), prasârita pâda-uttânâsana and utthita pârshva konâsana.
It contains 8 sequences:
- pârshva uttânâsana,
- prasârita pâda-uttânâsana,
- one sequence to illustrate the concept of anuloma,
-another sequence to illustrate the concept of viloma,
- three sequences with different applications of utthita pârshva konâsana.
Some of these postures have already been studied in the magazine Viniyoga Europe and the others will be published in future issues.
Standing postures with the feet together
This volume with 68 pages studies: samasthiti, tâdâsana, uttânâsana, ardha-uttânâsana, utkatâsana and ardha-utkatâsana. Some of these postures were already studied in previous Viniyoga Europe magazines, others will be in the future.
And it has five sequences: tâdâsana, pâdahastâsana (a variation of uttânâsana), ardha-uttânâsana, utkatâsana and ardha-utkatâsana. Some of these sequences contain a gradual progression to the main posture.